Fridays are crazy and busy. This one surpassed the norm...
Quinn gets up at 6 on a typical morning to get ready to go. This morning he slept through the alarm and woke up at 6:40. He got me up 5 minutes later as he was getting his shoes on so he could go start the truck, and I had 4 minutes to throw together his food for the day since I wouldn't be home to fix him lunch.
I did it. I sent the leftover beef soup that we had on Tuesday, a power bar and a big salad with broiled chicken that I cooked and put in the fridge last night. I grabbed some jeans and a sweater and met him at the car as he was pulling past the apartment. I was pretty proud of myself.
From there, I fed the baby, got ready for a busy day, got a half hour of work in on the computer and made myself a salad for lunch. Packed almonds, cheese, a power bar, baby's cereal and water cup and my salad, loaded that, my cello, the stroller, the freshly loaded diaper bag, myself and my baby into the car and left at 8:10. Stopped for a diet Dew, and my orchestra day started at 8:30 when I pulled in the drive and started unloading.
I'm a freight train on Fridays. I push a loaded stroller in front of me with one hand and drag my cello on wheels behind me. I barely make it through the handicapped door before it starts closing on me...
Then dinner. I made an odd little casserole instead of salisbury steak because I didn't have as much ground beef as I thought I had.
_______________
-Odd Little Casserole-
(3.5 carbs per person)
Layer in casserole dish-
1/2 pound ground beef, browned
1/2 pound frozen broccoli and cauliflower, boiled and drained. (2 carbs)
Melt together
1 oz Velveeta (3 carbs)
1/4 cup heavy cream (2 carbs)
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
Pour over meet and veggies. Sprinkle with more shredded mozzarella and bake at 350 'til bubbly and edges are brown. Salt and pepper to taste.
I served it with deviled eggs, and made a jello dessert for when Quinn gets home from the errands he's running. Currently he's at 14.5 carbs for the day (5 in his soup for lunch, 2 in his power bar, 4 in his almonds and 3.5 in his dinner) and I'm at 13.5. (2 for the powerbar, two servings of almonds, so 8 there, and 3.5 with dinner.)
-Jello Dessert-
Makes 1 pie plate- 10 carbs total.
Roast together at 350-
2 tablespoons margerine
1/2 cup almonds, chopped (8 carbs)
3 packets of Splenda
1/2 tsp salt
Prepare-
1 package sugar free jello
and pour over roasted almonds in pie plate when slightly thickened.
Chill.
Beat together
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (2 carbs)
1.5 packets of Splenda
until stiff
Layer on top of solidified jello.
Enjoy. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment