Friday, March 4, 2011

Thursday, Day 3.

Yesterday Quinn was back to work for the day. I sent mozzarella sticks, almonds and a power bar with him and he came home for lunch. Because I had fried the chicken and broccoli together the night before, for lunch I made him a a big salad with chopped chicken and parmesan, and for dinner I made fried chicken and green beans with garlic and mushrooms.

It was soooo good.


Also, one of Quinn's cube mates brought some almond clusters for him, and they were a carb each. He had 10 of them, so 10 carbs.
__________________
Low Carb Fried Chicken
(3 carbs per serving)

2 fully cooked leg and thigh pieces, warmed.
2 eggs, beaten. 

Mix together:
1 Tablespoon Bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt

Coat warmed chicken in raw egg, then pack the bread crumb mixture onto it with your hand to make a thorough coating. Cook until brown in 1 in of oil in a 400 degree skillet.



Green Beans with Mushrooms and Garlic
1 tablespoon butter
1 lb frozen green beans
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup mushrooms

____________________


So, we both had our allotments of almonds (4 carbs) and Quinn had a power bar (2 carbs). Lunch was carb free, and dinner was 3 carbs each.  That put me at 7 carbs, and Quinn at19, due to the almond clusters.

After dinner I went to my Mom's for Della's baby blessing, and there were desserts galore. I skipped out on the pound cake and brownies, but with 13 carbs left, I ate about a 1/4 cup of "Snicker Pudding." I have no idea how many carbs that would count for..

No comments:

Post a Comment