Friday, January 1, 2010

sewing class



Posted by Gaylord Campbell

My grandmother called me yesterday raving about a sewing class at Hancock Fabrics that I just had to go to. Although I love my grandmother to death and I love sewing, I don’t think either one understands the demands on a working mother of two. When in the world would I have time to sit for 3 hours at a place 45 minutes away and listen to how to do my favorite past time that I don’t have time for. It would be like Chinese water torture. Here’s how to (fill in the blank). And with this you can (fill in the blank). I’d leave the place spilling over with ideas that I’d never have time to do. At least with the TV programs that I’ve DVR’ed. I haven’t lost any travel time, and I can do the dishes while I watch, leaving me with a little less of the guilt factor and a little more of here is reality. I just looked up sewing and crafting channels onhttp://www.direct.tv/, and found a “class” that I could handle without having to travel to the fantasy land of those who don’t work outside the home.

No comments:

Post a Comment