Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Educational System

Thanks for the post, Bernard Vasquez

Being part of the educational system is tough but when you’ve got 2 kids with learning disabilities it’s even harder. That’s why last year I came to the conclusion that the best thing for me and for my family was for me to quit my fulltime job and stay home to home school the kids. I can’t say it was a popular decision as they both have friends and teachers they miss but I think they’re going to get a better, more rounded education this way and at least I can monitor what kinds of techniques are used to help mask their disabilities. I love my sons but they have a hard time in a traditional classroom setting so I do all I can to try to mix things up for them here at home. I went to TVBYDIRECT.com and got us satellite so we could watch specials on TV on certain topics and i try to make sure that at least once a week we go on some type of field trip where they can explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment