Saturday, June 18, 2011

Credit Scores

I would have thought, going into a house hunt and applying for a loan, that credit scores would have a huge impact on the interest rate we received. Turns out that home loans come at whatever interest rate is current, and if you get approved you are approved, whether your credit was perfect or you just barely snuck under the wire. That was something of a relief to me, since miscommunications with the hospital and some payment confusion while Quinn was in Africa 3 years ago have our credit on the less than perfect (but still good) end of things.

Between my evaluation job and some of the payed blogging I do I find a shocking amount of interesting and useful websites. One site I found today seemed pretty interesting. http://www.fivestarhomemortgages.com/ is a site that not only has a ton of useful information about credit scores and home loans, but has a tool that allows you to enter some information and be contacted with interest rates for home loans in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment