Yesterday was the first diet day. We stayed on course and finished the day under our carb counts. We started the day with omelets full of mushrooms, chives and mozzerella. (No pics yet, I haven't yet replaced my camera)
________________
Mushroom Omelette For 2
(0 net carbs per person)
Saute:
1 Tablespoon butter
1/4 cup mushroom pieces
1 Tablespoon chopped green onions or chives
Beat together 6 eggs and 2 Tablespoons of heavy cream
Pour over sauteed veggies over medium heat.
Salt and pepper to taste
Let cook until solid enough to turn over. Sprinkle with mozzerella. Fold in half. Enjoy!
_____________
After our omelettes we were both satisfied until lunch at the Nature Center with two of my brothers and their families. I packed a big salad for us to share there, and we enjoyed that.
____________
:Lunch Salad For 2
(1 net carb per person)
1 cup baby spinach
2 cups salad greens
1/4 cup grated carrot
2 Tablespoons grated parmesan
1/4 cup shredded mozzerella
salt and pepper
ranch dressing
2 grilled chicken breasts, chopped
____________
Quinn had about a section of an orange with his salad for lunch, which is about 1-2 carbs as well. From there we hiked 3 miles with the fam, then went to run errands and I picked up a couple of protien bars that had 2 net carbs each, and we each had one of those.
So-before dinner Quinn's carb count was at 5 and mine was at 3.
Dinner;
______________
Beef and Mushroom Soup
(5 net carbs per 16 oz serving)
Brown together:
1 lb beef roast, cubed
1/4 cup chopped onion
1.5 cups fresh mushroom pieces
1/4 cup oil
When browned, add 2 Tablesopoons flour, 2 tsp salt and 6 cups beef broth.
Simmer for 2 hours.
Serve sprinkled with cheese and 9 small crutons per bowl. (Crutons-7.5 net carbs)
_____________
So, Dinner was 12.5 carbs apiece. That put Quinn at 17.5 and me at 15.5.
Over the course of the day we both had about a quarter cup of almonds as well, so about 4 net carbs there.
After dinner I went to the gym and put in a few minutes on the bike and did some crunches. When I came back I was hungry again, so I had 2 hot dogs dipped in mustard and 2 mozzerella sticks.
All in all- we got good exercise, ate all we wanted and stayed right on track.
No comments:
Post a Comment