The Atkins Diet has always worked for my family, and since I'm sick to death of the extra baby pounds on my hips and belly, and since Quinn has been griping about his few extra belly pounds for months, I figure it's time to put us into Atkins induction for a couple weeks, then see if we can keep dropping pounds until we hit goal.
I generally would just go at it and make sure that I didn't eat carbs, but Quinn needs to know that he will have something to munch on, and that he will have real meals, or the concept of giving up sandwiches and cold cereal is far too depressing for him.
So here's the menu for the first 14 days of March. A couple of the soups have 10-15 carbs per 16 oz, so I've got them on days where there are absolutely no carbs in the rest of the meals. The goal is to stay under 20 carbs a day.
I have a feeling it will run quite a bit over my grocery budget, and I'll end up supplementing with private lesson pay, but that's okay. I plan to post each day's recipes as I make them, so if you're interested, come back on the forecasted day and look for my pics/recipes. :)
Clarification; Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday are Quinn's work days. He skips breakfast and I generally just find something to munch on, which means we only have lunch and dinner. On his off days we eat a 10ish breakfast, a 2ish lunch and an 8ish dinner, or an early lunch, early dinner and a fun snack in the evenings.
Snacks:
Mozzerella cheese sticks
almonds
atkins protien bars
vegetables with Hidden Valley ranch
Braums carb freedom ice cream
beef jerky
sugar free hard candies
Tuesday; March 1st.
Breakfast; Cheese and veggie omelet
Lunch; Salad with meat and cheese
Dinner; Beef and mushroom soup with (6) crutons
Wednesday, March 2nd
B-Veggie eggs and Bacon
L- leftover soup with side salad
D-roast chicken and steamed broccoli
Thur, 3rd
L-chicken, broccoli and bacon stir fry
D-Salad with boiled egg, bacon and cheese
Fri, 4th
L-BLT on low carb wrap
D-Salisbury Steak
Sat, 5th
L-Salad with meat and cheese
D-Broccoli Cheese soup
Sun, 6th
B-Eggs
L-Leftover Soup
D-Low-carb jalapeno poppers
Mon, 7th
L-Crustless asparagus quiche
D-Shrimp and veggie skewers
Tues, 8th
B-Spinach and mozzerella omelet
L-Salad with cheese
D-Roast Beef with steamed vegetables
Wed, 9th
B-Eggs with Bacon
L-Green Bean stir fry
D-Beef and Veggie soup with side salad
Thur, 10th
L-Salad, Meat and cheese
D-Leftover soup with croutons
Fri, 11th
L-Salad with egg, tuna and cheese
D-Stuffed peppers and grilled chicken breast
Sat, 12th
L-Chicken Lentil soup
D-Baked zucchini
Sun, 13th
B-eggs
L-Leftover Soup
D-Stuffed Mushrooms and fried mozzerella
Mon, 14th
L-Salad
D-Monterrey Chicken and grilled vegetables.
Tues, 15th
B-eggs
L-Cheese, Chicken and veggie casserole
D-Beef Patties and cheesy Veggies.
Wed, 16 !!MY BIRTHDAY!!
End of Induction Period
Breakfast- PANCAKES
Lunch-PIZZA
Dinner-APPLEBEES
Tomorrow we'll weigh in and I'll post our goals. We also plan to be going to the gym three-four times a week for some cardio and weight lifting.
Here's to goals!
No comments:
Post a Comment