Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sooo Sleepy

Life is busy and fun. I like it that way.

Yesterday I tagged along with Quinn all day. We left the house before 7, went out for breakfast, he went to class while I played piano, we met for a soda and some study/read time, he went to the next class while I went to read. We ran around for a while, met a contact from craigslist.org who had a stroller and infant seat that I wanted to buy. Took that home. Ate lunch. Left again. Went out for coffee and more study/sudoku time. Got a sub for dinner. He went to another class and I sat in the sunshine and listened to Chip Ingram on Bott.

This morning he went to class and I sat around here. Napped a bit, washed some dishes, played with the bird.  He got home and I warmed up some leftover lasagna for lunch. He went to work. I blitzed the house, ran the vacuum, washed the dishes, packed a bag and was off to the pool for my new water aerobics class.

I. Love. That. Class. Monday was my first time. I know all of three names, and I'm way the youngster of the crowd, but it's so fun! Being in the water makes me happy, and all these women talk about nothing but how they want to decorate their nurseries, name ideas, due dates, babies kicking and babies shifting and babies positions, hospital guests and mothers/mothers-in-law and husbands and cravings and leg cramps and etc. It's so much fun! I get out of the water laughing, starving and completely energized. I can't wait for Friday evening so I can go back!

As soon as I got out of class (and drove through Wendy's) I headed South to spend a couple hours with Becca and Ella while Nathan was at church. I had a lasagna in the freezer that I'd been wanting to take over there, but there are so many people who feel like they "need" Ella time that I figured the Mommy who had the most genuine, desperate need was being deprived of her sweet little lady, so I waited until today (I know. A week is barely waiting, but I'm proud of myself) to bring it up and see how they were doing.

I wasn't that far off. Becca couldn't even name all the people that have been there in the past week. Some for 15-20 minutes, some for a couple hours, some for several hours... all of them baby greedy and excited. She's so grateful and gracious, but it sounds like a nightmare to me, and I know she's happy for peace when she gets it, though she smiles and laughs her way through every situation.

Tonight it was such a joy to just watch her soaking up sweet Ella. We sat on the couch together and talked and stared at the baby, and oohed over the baby's darling expressions, and laughed over her silly ones, and talked about how perfect and beautiful she was, and Becca kissed and carressed and fondled her. When she needed a water and bathroom and cell phone charger break I asked for the baby, and for a half hour I was in heaven. Her tiny, precious little self all warm and cozy against me, her cousin occasionaly reminding us of his presence with a soft jab. The knowledge that as much as I adore Ella and as much as I would lay down for her sake, the love for my unseen little one is so different and so much stronger. The anticipation of knowing that it's only 20 weeks until I can look into our little man's eyes and tell him I love him. The excitement and joy of watching Becca overflow with the realized, intense love that is hidden in my heart.  It's all so overwhelming and sweet.


I can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment