This month's cooking is gonna be complicated. Quinn, who is NOT overweight, is absolutely determined to lose weight so he can start cycling again. That means that the menu has to be diet friendly. I'm also gone three dinners a week now due to my new water aerobics class, so the menu has to be stuff that either doesn't need to be reheated, or reheats well in the microwave.
Last week for dinners we had lasagna, bacon, potato and veggie stir fry, roast beef with mashed potatoes, beef and veggie stew, etc. For breakfasts, bagels and cream cheese, scrambled eggs with and combo of peppers/onions/mushrooms and cheese, toast (which he ALWAYS eats jelly on) cold cereal, egg burritos. Lunches were leftovers, macaroni and cheese, veggie and chicken stir fries with rice....
That's kinda how we eat, in general. Except I didn't get around to making the broccoli cheese soup that's pretty much a regular, and we tend to have more pasta (chicken noodles, fettuccini alfredo, goulash)
So. What to do? First thought it to cut the pastas, cheeses and cream sauces/gravies, but cheese is essential. I don't think I can live with out it. Is it true that mozzerella is way more low fat then colby? is low fat cream cheese edible? Can a guy who's working full time, schooling full time, and working out 3-6 times a week actually survive on a low-cal diet, or should I just go low fat and let him auto-adjust his portions? What to do? Help? He already crashes pretty easily if he misses his vitamins or skips a meal...
The only diets I ever did where the starve all day then eat a couple eggs and some high fiber bread. Maybe some celery or carrots for a snack. Maybe.
That's not gonna work for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment