He's a thinker. He'd rather read a book on E.Coli then watch a movie, and he'd rather sit on the bed and tell me all about it then play a video game or run around with his friends. He'd rather spend 2 hours digging through a book store than going to watch a movie. He loves to learn, and the more information is packed into a book, the more he loves it. He loves school. He gets giddy about his microbiology class. He has a million ideas and plans about projects and lessons he's gonna help our children through. His dream house is practically a public library...but only for us.
He is selflessly servant-hearted. Countless times in the last 8 months he's been up in the middle of the night to move the humidifier or get a warm cloth for my chest and hot tea to sooth the random little coughs I get. He's sat for hours holding a cold cloth on my forehead when migraines have kept me from being able to sleep. I had almost a page in this category, but I want people to actually read this post, not look at it and go "holy crud, really?" and skip to the bottom...
He's a dreamer. Completely poetic at heart, yet thoroughly realistic in every day life. A day doesn't go by without some wild, beautiful, impossible idea falling out of his mouth. We talk through them, building them up, discussing ways to make them happen, then laugh them away, but oh, how much fun it is...
He adores me, and everything he says and does reflects that. He'll sit and watch me when I'm writing or reading, and when I look up his eyes light up as mine meet them and he mouths "I love you." He'll get home from work or class and if I'm asleep he'll come wake me up with kisses on my neck and cheek and nose. He has pet names for me, multiple ones, but nothing takes my breath away like when he says my name. He gives up chances to be with his friends and brother because he wants to be with me.
He loves being with me.
Genuinely loves it..
<3 <3 <3 <3
He's all about being outside. Books are his first love, but anything outdoors is a close second. We spent the summer and fall hiking, canoeing, camping, boating, eating take-out at city parks, taking long walks at midnight. The only thing I love more than nature (besides my Jesus, of course) is Quinn, and the two of them combined just makes me all melty and happy inside. Heck, we even got married outside. We honeymooned at the cabin spending every day hiking and in the boat and wandering up and down the river. Even though it's winter we still walk every time it's warm enough, and last time we had a day over 40 we went to the cabin and spent the afternoon walking along the river bank.
Sides, he'll eat *anything,* which makes it really easy to make him happy...
------I could continue in the same format, but while I love saying it, I'm sure people can only bear so much of my rambling gushyness.
------
Yesterday we got up to go to church, got ready, ate some breakfast, left the house...
...But we were home less than an hour later. We got to the first church we'd been wanting to visit, but they're a group that started as a home church and now they meet at the S Lake Boathouse 3 weeks a month. Just so happened that the boathouse was booked for the day yesterday, so they were meeting in their other location. So we decided to go to one others on our list. Before we could get there I had my head between my knees, so carsick that I couldn't breathe deep cause I was sure I was gonna puke. Yay.
Quinn brought me home.
It's actually been a pretty big problem for me lately. If I'm not driving I get sick sooo easily. I really hate it, but it's how it is...
30 minutes later, after laying on the couch and letting myself reset, I was good to go, but it was too late, so we made lunch and watched Nascar. hehe. I hate Nascar.
A couple hours later we headed down to B-son. I drove. Went to the outlets for a little while but it was so cold that we couldn't bear much. Went to Motherhood and Dress Barn and Van Heusen. Got Quinn a new sweater and a new dress shirt. Didn't get me anything 'cause I've been spending enough time shopping craigslist and eBay that I can't stand to spend even $15 on a single item. lol. Sad, huh?
Headed from there to Daddy H's man cave (Quinn's drove...I didn't want to navigate Branson's insanely stupid routes anymore) where the five kids were spending the weekend. Hung out for a couple hours. I spent the first 30 minutes laying on the kids' bed watching Nick and Eli play lego StarWars while I tried to recover from letting Quinn drive for 10 minutes. (He's not a bad driver at all...but B's hills and curves are bad enough that it only took 10 to have me go down again)
Those two handle disputes so differently from my siblings. Nick kept using the character Eli needed, so instead of the "if you don't stop it then I'm gonna ask Mom to ground you!" or "play right or you're gonna have to quit" that my brothers would have used he said "Nick, if you don't stop it then I'm gonna quit and you'll have to play by yourself!" My brothers would have been like "fine. Quit then." and enjoyed having full control of the console, but no... Nick straightened up for a while under that threat, then a few minutes later when he started acting up again, Eli just quietly put his controller down and walked away. It took five minutes for Nick to be bored with playing alone and go to ind his brother and beg. Totally cracked me up.
-------
Around 6 we headed out, taking Tim with us so he could meet his ride in S-field. The snow was coming down hard at that point. I was hungry, but didn't want to eat-in anywhere and did want to get home, so we drove through Wendy's. I wanted fries, but Wendy's fries are nasty, so my man did something he had never done before and got my wrap at Wendy's then drove across the street to a different restaurant (McD's) for my fries. So sweet of him. <3
Took almost 2 hours to accomplish the normally 40 min drive back to S-field. The roads were completely unsalted because the snow wasn't supposed to come until morning, so the first layer melted when it hit, but then froze over. The hwy was white. The streets in town were white. People were sliding every where and the Police Department was on emergency alert due to the number of wrecks. Yuck.
It made for a really cozy evening though! I had wanted a stress/mess free evening, so I got cold-cut supplies and chips and veggies and we rented a movie. (I even got dills, which I hate, but he appreciated. hee) I decorated just the coffee table and we snuggled in for the evening. It was wonderful. 4 hours straight with no phone calls or texts, no studying, no computers, no blogs or facebooks or email accounts. Just cozy blankets and Olympics and "You've Got Mail" and yummy food. Absolutely one of my favorite evenings ever.
I'm happy. Life is so beautiful. The snow is coming down fast, if not thick, and Quinn's favorite songs are playing. My feet are wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket, I have a cute mug full of honey and chamomile. I'm in super comfy maternity pants that I don't have to rubber band or wear obscenely low to button, thanks to Becca, and I'm snacking on a Reese's heart that Quinn gave me last night... *happy sigh*
God bless. Enjoy today. It's really beautiful, even if it is cold.
Oh geeeeeee...you are just precious, you know that? (Of course you do.)
ReplyDeleteYour blog makes me impatient for married life. doggone it. I especially gushed over the IloveQuinnsomuchandhere'swhy bit of your post. Love, love, love it...
~Ashley