Friday, February 12, 2010

Calorie Count?

Ha. Last night Mom and I were discussing my calorie intake. I gave her a run-down of pretty much everything that I'd eat over the last 4 days and my eat-junk-food-all-day-'cause-it's-our-day-off-day she guessed that I almost hit 2000 calories.

Today I kept track of every little thing I ate and hit 1511. Scary.

_^_^_^_^_


So the rental wasn't gonna happen. The appliances and heat system were so outdated that you had to wonder if they hadn't been there when the first settlers came to Springfield. He showed us a second house too, that had massive amounts of potential, but the same issues with out of date appliances, edgy bathroom fixtures, drafty windows... though it would be well worth buying, the landlord was obviously into doing as little as possible to get people moved into his houses and paying him as much as he could squeeze out of them.  Not exactly the kinda guy you want to depend on for your keeping your AC and water lines going.

'Sides. We got out the lease paper and we can't move until the first of July without paying the apartment complex to let us. So we're jumping the gun even worse than we thought.

************

Monday I got snowed out of teaching the kiddos, so yesterday afternoon I headed out to the farm to work Rachel and Jonnah through their Federation pieces. I picked up GI Joe on the way out and after dinner Daniel, Micah, Mom and I started it together. I was planing on leaving by 8:30-45, but about 8:50 I looked at the clock and the movie was so close to my favorite scene (the super suits in Paris) so I stuck around 'til the scene was over. Meant that I left closer to 9:20 than 8:30. Sigh. So it goes, history shows... family time must be drawn out...

They loved the movie.

<><><><><><><>

Orchestra today, didn't head out until after 4. Ran to E Glenstone to pick up the first piece of my Valentine's Day plan, got home at 5:03 with exactly 35 minutes until my hungry man came in, and no dinner plan. I just started throwing things into the skillet, and it turned out great. Probably *my* favorite meal this week, though I'm not sure what he thought of it. Started with bacon. Pulled it out, wiped the skillet clean, threw in fresh broccoli and carrots and a few green onions. Kept digging around, found some Uncle Ben's wild rice with mushrooms, got that going, pulled the practically freeze dried corn and the bottom of a bag of frozen green beans out and threw those in. Worchester, salt and pepper, crumbled the bacon in and let it cook 'til the beans were tender.

The rice was still crunchy when he got home, but it wasn't too noticeable when you ate it mixed with the veggies.

I would eat more of it if there were any left.

-^-^-^-^-^-

Cleaned the living room and dining room and headed to Chase to catch his 15 minute evening break. Drove through Taco Bell on the way home for a burrito and got a Strawberry Frutista Freeze instead. I wished I had gotten a burrito.

I'm hungry again.


Signing out. We're watching the Olympic Games' opening ceremony. So far I'm only impressed with the effects, not the speeches or performers.

No comments:

Post a Comment