Saturday, April 14, 2012

Confessions

I try hard to protect my family- my life- my world. I try so hard that I end up protecting them from God's plan for them.

The Lord gave me a revelation this week. I know it was Him because I would never ever plan for such as He has planned for me. That revelation was this: His will for my life is also His will for the lives of my family members.

I know there are areas that are mine alone- mine to learn from and stretch through- but if he has a plan for my life then that will also be the plan for my sweet Gavin's life and my wonderful Quinn's life. We are a family- we share a plan. If He asks me to bear a burden then He asks Quinn to bear it with me. If He asks me to share my time then He asks Gavin to share his time as well. If He asks me to stretch my heart a little bigger and wider then He asks my child and my husband to share more of my love.

I'm trying to nurse my petunias from last year back to life, but if I never let them see the sun for fear of the wind, would I be a good gardener? If I never watered them for fear of drowning them, never pruned them for fear of cutting too much...in the same way, if I "shelter" my family from what God has for them, am I a good wife and mother?

I think not. I think my Savior knows best. I *know* my Savior knows best.

Now to discipline my mind into following the Spirit of my Living God into rest... rest from worry and fretting and overprotecting, rest from constantly guarding and fussing....

...for My yoke is easy and My burden is light... and ye shall find rest unto your souls...

1 comment: