Monday, March 7, 2011

Sunday... epic fail...

So, maybe not epic...but fail.

We did alright for the morning- munched almonds and cheese on the way to church, and had power bars right after, but on the way home we were crashing and Quinn didn't want me to have to cook as soon as we got home, so we stopped for take out. We got Chinese Pepper Steak and Mongolian Shrimp. We didn't eat the rice or sauce on either, so it was straight meat and veggies, but I'm counting ingredients here;

Pepper Steak-
2 Green Bell Peppers (8 carbs)
1 cup beef strips
1/2 onion (7 carbs) 

Mongolian Shrimp-
 I
Have
No
Idea.

It's scary... it was served over a root vegetable, but I don't know what. They use it a lot in Chinese food, and I've never been able to discover what it is.

From there we went to my brother's birthday party, and we were both VERY good and didn't touch the spaghetti and garlic bread, or the beautiful ice cream cake... but Quinn hit hungry by late afternoon and ate about a half cup of spaghetti sauce on a plate...that was about 8 carbs.

So, we had almonds, power pars, then probably 20-25 carbs with lunch, then Q had 8 carbs worth of sauce and we came home.

I sauteed some shrimp and fried some mozzarella dipped in egg and parmesan, and that was dinner.

I'm guessing we both passed 35 carbs. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment