I made a lovely bowl of egg salad to eat on sandwiches for lunch today, but I oversalted it and it was inedible, so I boiled another half dozen eggs to mix in. The result is a yummy egg salad that is enough for 3 or 4 meals for Quinn and I. Who wants to eat egg salad 4 meals in a row? Ew.
And I had a lovely pot of ham, potato and cheese soup planned for tonight. Darn.
--------------
I sat down with a glass of tea and finished my first biography of 2011 this afternoon. The story of Sojourner Truth is well worth reading. "Journey Towards Freedom" is a beautifully written biography. It was written for young people, so it's gentle and discreet when describing the painful conditions and mistreatments of the the African Americans before, during and in the years directly following the Civil War.
Sojourner was a great Christian, an amazing activist and a beautiful person, even when portrayed by a secular author. Her testimony was bold, and her humor keeps the story light and amusing. She's a person who I would have loved to have known. Thanks be to God, I will know her someday, when I am in His presence, for I have no doubt that she will be there.
Disclaimer; there was a passage in the book that, in my opinion, would be inappropriate for children. It is in chapter 24, "War In The West." and many of you may wish to edit it for your young readers.
---------
Listening to my favorite Pandora station. It's root is Watermark's "Captivate Us." The station plays gentle, accoustic contemporary Christian music. It's absolutely lovely as background to my everyday activites.
Speaking of, I have a dryer full of blue and green baby clothes that need to be folded and put away, and since my little man is content to be playing on the floor, it's a good time to do that.
Thanks for reading.
-Joanna
PS- I set up an Etsy account, please check it out! There's a link on my sidebar...
No comments:
Post a Comment