He calls me “Darling.” Sometimes “the Darling.” His family still refers to me as that, since for almost 5 years that was my title when he was with them. They ask him “how’s the Darling?” or “is the Darling coming with you?”
So that’s who I am. I’m the Darling.
I do lots of things. The most important things have to do with being a wife and being a mommy. Those consume the greater part of my time. The lesser part of my time is spent teaching music lessons, (piano and cello) playing in a string quartet and trying to keep up with our 2 bedroom apartment that gets a daily showering of bird feathers from Snarky, the yellow parakeet. We generate more laundry and dishes than I ever thought three people could generate…
So that’s what I do. And I watch Bones.
—-
I call him Mr.
Really. I do. Not as often as I call him Sweetie, Sweetheart, Baby, Honey, Dearest or a whole host of other terms of endearment, but I call him Mr.. That’s who he is. The Mr.. The head of the house. The provider. The fun loving, passionate, adorkable, goal oriented, hard working, driven Mr. Man.
He does lots of things. He gets paid to answer phones and provide customer service for credit card users, but that’s not what he really does. He does study. He’s a bookworm. He’s absolutely addicted to learning. He has his bachelors in biology and is currently pursuing computer programing. He brings home massive fat books from the library and sits at his computer editing code for hours on end. That’s what he does.
He also watches NCIS. He loves NCIS.
And he takes me to the Nature Center for long walks. And he takes me out canoeing. And hiking. And for long drives on country roads that nobody else knows about, but that he knows about because he spent several years as a cyclist and pedaled down almost every road in the county.
He drives an 80′s Chevy Silverado and listens to country music and classic rock.
He’s the love of my life.
——–
We call him the Little Man. The Beautiful Boy. Son. Sweetheart. Precious. Sweet Darling. Babyest. Precious One.
He’s our whole world. We sit on the couch and stare at him and caress his tiny fingers. We take turns walking him when he’s fussy. We kiss him a thousand times a day. We laugh at him and make absolute fools of ourselves trying to convince him to laugh with us. We adjust every event, every schedule, every breath to meet his needs and make him happy. He’s our firstborn. He’s our most precious gift from our most wonderful Savior.
——-
We have beautiful moments every day wherein I thank Jesus for giving me this life to live. Last night that moment was when I was standing in the dining room holding my sleepy baby and my husband walked up behind me I felt his breath on the back of my neck. He kissed me. First at the base of my neck, then the side of my neck, then just below my ear. He kissed away every ache and worry and frustration from a long day and I felt myself relax and my heart felt happy. I had everything I loved and needed in this life and it was all embodied in the two precious bodies that were against mine.
I thanked Jesus.
Jesus is who makes our love so deep. Jesus is who lets us love on our sweet boy without worrying about the future. Jesus is who gave the Mr a steady job, who provided a beautiful home for us, who helps us forgive, who helps us love deeper.
Jesus is who we long to be like, who we long to emulate, who we long to be near.
Jesus is our world.
So that’s who I am. I’m the Darling.
I do lots of things. The most important things have to do with being a wife and being a mommy. Those consume the greater part of my time. The lesser part of my time is spent teaching music lessons, (piano and cello) playing in a string quartet and trying to keep up with our 2 bedroom apartment that gets a daily showering of bird feathers from Snarky, the yellow parakeet. We generate more laundry and dishes than I ever thought three people could generate…
So that’s what I do. And I watch Bones.
—-
I call him Mr.
Really. I do. Not as often as I call him Sweetie, Sweetheart, Baby, Honey, Dearest or a whole host of other terms of endearment, but I call him Mr.. That’s who he is. The Mr.. The head of the house. The provider. The fun loving, passionate, adorkable, goal oriented, hard working, driven Mr. Man.
He does lots of things. He gets paid to answer phones and provide customer service for credit card users, but that’s not what he really does. He does study. He’s a bookworm. He’s absolutely addicted to learning. He has his bachelors in biology and is currently pursuing computer programing. He brings home massive fat books from the library and sits at his computer editing code for hours on end. That’s what he does.
He also watches NCIS. He loves NCIS.
And he takes me to the Nature Center for long walks. And he takes me out canoeing. And hiking. And for long drives on country roads that nobody else knows about, but that he knows about because he spent several years as a cyclist and pedaled down almost every road in the county.
He drives an 80′s Chevy Silverado and listens to country music and classic rock.
He’s the love of my life.
——–
We call him the Little Man. The Beautiful Boy. Son. Sweetheart. Precious. Sweet Darling. Babyest. Precious One.
He’s our whole world. We sit on the couch and stare at him and caress his tiny fingers. We take turns walking him when he’s fussy. We kiss him a thousand times a day. We laugh at him and make absolute fools of ourselves trying to convince him to laugh with us. We adjust every event, every schedule, every breath to meet his needs and make him happy. He’s our firstborn. He’s our most precious gift from our most wonderful Savior.
——-
We have beautiful moments every day wherein I thank Jesus for giving me this life to live. Last night that moment was when I was standing in the dining room holding my sleepy baby and my husband walked up behind me I felt his breath on the back of my neck. He kissed me. First at the base of my neck, then the side of my neck, then just below my ear. He kissed away every ache and worry and frustration from a long day and I felt myself relax and my heart felt happy. I had everything I loved and needed in this life and it was all embodied in the two precious bodies that were against mine.
I thanked Jesus.
Jesus is who makes our love so deep. Jesus is who lets us love on our sweet boy without worrying about the future. Jesus is who gave the Mr a steady job, who provided a beautiful home for us, who helps us forgive, who helps us love deeper.
Jesus is who we long to be like, who we long to emulate, who we long to be near.
Jesus is our world.
No comments:
Post a Comment