Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I know His promise never faileth...

I know, I know, that Jesus liveth,
And on the earth again shall stand;
I know, I know, that life He giveth,
That grace and power are in His hand.


---------

At the library. Came here from Q's workplace, where I met him for his fifteen minute break. Went there from Aaron and Jenna's place, where I was picking up Q's bass guitar case and Cory's violin that had been sitting there since they moved in almost a year ago. lol. Before that they spent about a year sitting in our family's basement. We have the bass...but since it stays home I hadn't even thought to miss the case.

This is a very noisy keyboard.

I'm hungry.

Gonna run home for 10 minutes from here to fix a blt (Jenna was making them for lunch when I was there an hour ago and now it sounds too good NOT to make!) then I'll be off to water aerobics. I missed all three classes last week. Skipped Monday on purpose, then Quinn had Wednesday and Friday evenings off work due to the accident, so I stayed home with him. I'm looking forward to going tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~

Friday's appointment went... I guess it wasn't good or bad. Dr L didn't know what to think. Due to the Monday night incident he's ordered an ultrasound of my kidney and referred me to a neurologist for the leg thing. Also, we did a full blood panel and a urinalysis and everything came back clear. I guess that's good, though two more appointments on the calendar is not something that makes me happy.

__________________

Quinn's been to the chiropractor twice this week. He's even more sore then he was before he went. Poor guy.

I can't wait to get back to our health-care-free existance. I hate all this doctery stuff. :P

**********

When I found out I was pregnant I started reading through the Bible out loud. It takes a lot longer to read out loud then it does to read to oneself. I made it through Genesis and part of Matthew, got sick, and let the habit go. Lately I've been reading the Psalms out loud, but just today I got back to Matthew. There are so many amazing stories packed into so few verses... it's overwhelming to read the gospels more than a bit at a time.

Also reading A Man Called Peter.  I remember at least starting it when I was 12 or 13, but don't remember whether or not I ever finished it. Quinn picked it up about the time I finished the first chapter and was hooked, so I gave it up for three days while he blasted his way through it. Now he's working through the sermons in the back of it a bit at a time, so I pretty much have posession of it again. Spent a couple hours sunk into the couch at Panera reading last night while Quinn studied. It was a lovely couple of hours.

I hate using my glasses, but they make reading much easier. I can't wear them to walk around or I get "see sick, from seeing too much," as Tigger would say.

I miss Pooh Bear.
------------
 
Made tater tot casserole yesterday. I had a sudden craving for it about the time I walked past the frozen potatoes at Wal-Mart. It's the easiest thing ever.
 
Tater Tots
Ground Beef
White Onion
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Milk
Shredded Cheese of Choice (I like monterey jack)
Salt
Pepper
 
Chop your onion and brown with your ground beef, salt and pepper. Strain and put into casserole dish. Mix enough milk into your cream of mushroom soup to make it pourable, and pour it over the meat and onions. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with taters. Bake at 400 until tots are crispy.
 
Enjoy way more than is healthy.
 
******************
 
Gonna run home now. ttyl.
-Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment